MbUnit port?

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Is it possible that someone might be working on a port to use this toolkit with MbUnit?  My company loves using the Gallio/MbUnit setup for their testing, and would like to incorporate .NET Selenium tests into their regular testing structure.  Would such a port be difficult?  Anyone have any ideas?

- Becky

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM

MbUnit ships with some samples for integrating WatiN.  It should be pretty easy to modify those samples for Selenium which would yield something similar to this toolkit.  The samples define a [Browser] attribute that you can attach to a test to obtain an instance of a web browser during the test run.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Hi Becky,

I'm currently investigating support for additional test frameworks.  Presently, I'm working on a Visual Studio 2008/2010 integration.  

Keep in mind that the toolkit itself is a series of configuration elements and utilities to start, configure and shutdown a selenium instance.  The toolkit ships with an NUnit addin that utilizes the toolkit to make writing tests easier with NUnit.  My aim is to integrate as many frameworks as possible.

For MbUnit, there are two possible scenarios that I can think of:

1) If MbUnit supports an extensibility model that can tap into the test package setup/teardown and hook into the test execution then there shouldn't be an issue to provide an integration.  This would be a separate MbUnit addin that you would reference into your MbUnit projects.

2) If the extensibility model for MbUnit isn't extensive enough the alternative would be to leverage the toolkit through a base test fixture or other means.  As it stands today, the toolkit probably doesn't expose enough utilities to make a hand-rolled integration straight-forward.

I'll create two separate items to the backlog.  I plan to release updates every 2 to 3 months, but I'll update this discussion when something is available.  If you want to contribute, I'd love to hear from you.